Facts about Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists in Florida
There are over 3,000 CRNAs providing anesthesia in nearly all health care facilities in Florida. These CRNAs have either been educated in Florida’s ten accredited nurse anesthesia programs or graduated from an out of state program. They provide to the citizens of Florida one-on-one care to their patients before, during, and after procedures requiring anesthesia and/or analgesia by delivering quality services for surgical and obstetrical procedures combined with a personal concern for the health and welfare of the individual. Anesthesia outcome studies have demonstrated the quality of care provided by CRNAs to be superior.
The Florida Association Of Nurse Anesthetists (FANA) was founded in 1936. FANA speaks on behalf of Florida CRNAs, of which more than 98% are members of FANA and the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA). FANA represents and promotes CRNAs in the areas of continuing education, liaison between CRNAs and the nursing and medical professions, hospitals, health care facilities and other professionals interested in anesthesia. FANA also actively represents its members in state governmental and regulatory issues.
- All About Anesthesia
- Questions You Should Ask
- Before: Your Active Role Makes A Difference
- After: Your Active Role Assists Your Recovery
- Opciones de Anestesia Para Labores de Parto: Lo Que Toda Mujer Embarazada Deberia Saber
- Conscious Sedation: What Patients Should Expect
- Herbal Products and Your Anesthetic
- Office-Based Anesthesia: What Every Patient Should Know to Prepare for Surgery and Anesthesia in a Physician’s Office
- Preparing for Your Child’s Surgery and Anesthesia: A Parent’s Role
- Anesthetic Awareness
- Patient Awareness Under General Anesthesia: What Is It?
- Council for Public Interest in Anesthesia
- Sweet Dreams at the Hospital: A Coloring and Activity Book for Children
For additional information about Florida CRNAs, please call:
FANA Information Line (800) 953-9952 or FANA Headquarters (407) 774-7880